- Premont cancels spring sports
- Statewide football playoffs pairings round four
- Football playoffs week 3 scores: Saturday
- Football playoffs week 3 scores: Friday
- Statewide football playoffs pairings Round three
- Football playoffs week 2 scores: Saturday
- Statewide football playoffs pairings Round two
- Football playoffs week 2 scores: Friday
- Football playoffs week 2 scores: Thursday
- UIL State volleyball tournament schedule
- Playoffs Week 1 scores: Saturday
- Playoffs Week 1 scores: Friday
- UIL volleyball regional tournament results/schedule
- Playoffs Week 1 scores: Thursday
- UIL football playoffs pairings
- UIL volleyball regional quarterfinals pairings
- UIL volleyball area round rounds
- UIL six-man football playoffs pairings
- Week 11 football scores: Saturday
- Week 11 football scores: Friday
Girls Basketball's blog
The 6-foot-4 Houston native came to Texas A&M after competing her freshman season at South Carolina and earning Southeastern Conference Newcomer of the Year honors. She sat out the Aggies 2010-2011 National Championship season before beginning her Texas A&M career in the 2011 school year.
Berry’s departure is based solely on the health of his 33-year-old daughter Rayna Willis, who was diagnosed with cervical and thyroid cancer last fall.“This is the hardest place I’ve ever had to resign from,” said Berry, who has a 757-342 all-time record as a head coach.
“My goal has always been to build a championship program from the ground up,” said Durham, who won the 2006 Class 3A title with China Spring.
The drills came to a virtual halt, though, upon the arrival of Farney, her three assistant coaches and the 16 players, the newest stars in this town of 47,480 people. The players and coaches spent the better part of an hour signing autographs and posing for pictures with boys and girls who aspire to be just like them.
The significance of the moment was not lost upon the Lady Eagles or Farney. Most of the young women with sparkling gold medals draped around their necks had been Georgetown Dribblers not long ago, and no one had become more familiar with the youth basketball program than Farney, who arrived at Georgetown High School in 1988.
Barnes, who has been the head coach at Christoval for the last three years, was picked out of a pool of more than 40 applicants and replaces Tim Menke, who was reassigned in February.
Mauldin has been tabbed as the head coach for the Odessa High girls team.
“It’s a dream come true,” Mauldin said Monday. “You work hard and get up and go to work every day, and who knows what’s going to happen.”
In fact, the team just looked one seat further down the bench as longtime assistant coach Kristen Perry has been selected to take the helm. Perry is just the second coach in program history after Don Patterson, who retired following completion of the 2012-13 season last month.
Hosek wants the focus this week pointed elsewhere. In particular, toward six seniors who have known each other since fifth grade and have led the Pirettes to this weekend's Class 2A state tournament.
But a coach can't stay at the same school for 33 seasons, win more than 800 games with 13 state-tournament appearances and two state championships and go unnoticed.